I thought it'd be difficult to think back to what I was up to 8 months ago, but it doesn't seem that far into the past, so recollection comes easy. Time flies! We don't get a say!
In April, ATM, KMHD, Everett & I took a train to St. Louis, MO to catch a Blackhawks game, a first for me. I loved. every. single. moment. of this trip.
It's hard to schedule something like this with this particular gang because of rare overlap on the calendar, so this jaunt was planned months in advance. I really hope we get to do it again some day.
 |
| Little Rock, AR Amtrak train station. |
 |
| If you travel by rail, have a flexible schedule. We were supposed to depart at 11:39 p.m., but didn't leave until after 2 a.m. |
 |
| oath |
 |
| View from the last car. |
 |
| ATM + Everett |
 |
| WC |
 |
| Oh my goodness, we're in a hockey town! |
 |
| ATM - bless his soul - was a sport and ordered an STL slinger. Gotta try the local flavors! |
 |
| We had some time to kill before checking into our accommodations, so we wandered around University City/The Loop to check out the record store, thrift shops, and to get some milk tea @ Corner 17, who had these really real placards in their window. |
 |
| I quite like this monument. |
 |
| Our Airbnb situaish. |
|
|
Our accommodations were pretty slick.
|
 |
| Captured a happy moment. |
 |
| Here we go. |
 |
| Warming up. |
 |
| The Hawks got rightly beat by those St. Louis Blues, so we went to QuikTrip (heaven on earth) and got a bunch of junk food to drown our sorrows. |
 |
| Our plan was to find the most insufferable coffee shop in town because that is where thee best brew is. We definitely found it in Sump. It is so good, I order whole beans from them every other week for my Morning Cup. |
 |
| Dream car. |
 |
| More walking around. I like STL! |
 |
| Wowee zowee! |
 |
| Just another day in STL. |
 |
| springing |
 |
| octagon |
 |
| Good old-fashioned wackiness. |
 |
| FREE PERSONALITY TEST, it says. |
 |
| Happy Birthday, KMHD! |
 |
| Before getting back on the train, we tried more of the local flavors. NOT GOOD. |
 |
| REALLY NOT GOOD. YUCK! |
 |
| The best part of train travel is the drinking wine in the lounge car. Next time, bring own cups and WATER. We were smart to hit up Trader Joe's on our way out for thee best snacks. |
 |
| uhhh-yup |
 |
| Sneaking back into LR @ almost 4:00 a.m. |
 |
| He said, "Never leave again." |
1 comment:
Next time you should hit up that City Museum. It's crazy good.
Post a Comment